NEW EDITION, SAME AUTHOR! Stumbling upon plump wild berries on a hike or discovering succulent fresh mushrooms on the forest floor can be a treat. Foraging takes these happy accidents to a whole other level. Chock full of tips on finding and identifying fruits, flowers, roots, shoots, nuts, foliage, and more, this helpful guide shows you how to safely and successfully find and enjoy wild edibles. In it, you get:
- Detailed descriptions of over 70 plants and wild foods you can safely pick and eat.
- Color photos of safe-to-eat plants at various stages of development.
- Over 30 tasty recipes to transform your harvests into delicious dishes, from appetizers to desserts.
- Tips on foraging safely, spotting possible pollutants, and protecting yourself from insects and wild animals.
- A handy calendar of when plants are available by season and region.